When looking for the best laptop, you need to first ask yourself what is the laptop’s goal: is it for college? For writing? Investing? Just calculating some spreadsheets? After that, there are some more important questions:
- What will this laptop be used for? (Internet browsing, word processing, photo editing, gaming, etc.)
- Where will this laptop be used? (if it’s not going to move, perhaps you should consider a desktop)
- How important is laptop speed?
- How much storage you need?
Answering these questions will help you refine your needs and point you exactly to the best laptop for your needs.
Can’t Decide? Get Our Laptop Guide
If you have trouble deciding on a laptop, our laptop guide can show you the right direction with the considerations for laptops. You will also receive reviews about new laptops that will help you choose.
These are our recommended laptops, all under $1,000, some even under $800 and you can even go under $700. You can always search by brand as well:
- Alienware – the best, for those who wish to invest. Only one over $1,000 on this list
- Dell G Laptops – under $1,000, yet powerful
- Acer Predator – amazing for serious gamers
- Lenovo Legion – good performance at good price range
- Lenovo Yoga – our personal favorite
- HP 2-in-1 – great brand at great prices
- Acer Spin – for flexibility
Others – Everyday Use – For College, Writers, Investors, and More
- HP ENVY – powerful for everyday use
- Dell Inspiron – last for years
- Lenovo IdeaPad – computers for every need
Search By Brand
Looking for a specific brand? Try here:
You can start finding the best laptop for you by looking at laptop reviews (which explain exactly what each laptop is capable of), searching for a specific brand, or jumping right to each brand’s coupon and discount page to get your laptop now.