Getting a laptop for college has become very easy recently. All major laptop companies offer special back-to-school laptops and variations that make the decision very easy. However, before getting such laptop, you should ask yourself these questions:
- What will this laptop be used for? (Internet browsing, word processing, photo editing, gaming, etc.)
- Where will this laptop be used? (if it’s not going to move, perhaps you should consider a desktop)
- How important is laptop speed?
- How much storage you need?
With the answers in mind, you know which college laptop to look for.
Can’t Decide? Get Our Laptop Guide
If you have trouble deciding on a laptop, our laptop guide can show you the right direction with the considerations for laptops. You will also receive reviews about new laptops that will help you choose.
Here are our recommendations, separated by laptop category:
- Alienware – the best, for those who wish to invest
- Dell G Laptops – under $1,000, yet powerful
- Acer Predator – amazing for serious gamers
- Lenovo Legion – good performance at good price range
- Lenovo Yoga – our personal favorite
- HP 2-in-1 – great brand at great prices
- Acer Spin – for flexibility
Others – Everyday Use
- HP ENVY – powerful for everyday use
- Dell Inspiron – last for years
- Lenovo IdeaPad – computers for every need
Search By Brand
Looking for a specific brand? Try here:
You can get a great laptop for college using the discount pages. If you still don’t know which one to get, look over reviews (or just skip to discount pages, you’ll find something in you budget).