Dell went all out with its new line of Alienware Area-51 laptops. They are as powerful as a gaming desktop and have attractive modern designs. You can choose the colors to be the Dark Side of the Moon or Lunar Light. Both come with a high-endurance “clear coat” for scratch-resistance and protection. The Alienware Area-51m R2 is an ideal machine for high-end gaming.
It doesn’t matter which configuration you choose. You’ll end up with 12 various ports and slots for connectivity. These ports include different USB types, including one Type A USB 3.2 Generation 1 port for “PowerShare.” You also get a graphics amplifier port, HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 output, and Thunderbolt 3 ports. One of them has DisplayPort 1.2, global headset, power/DC in-jack, wedge-shaped lock slot, and more. You can get the cable and lock separately. The Mini DisplayPort 1.4 output offers support for NVIDIA G-Sync.
One thing you can count on with a higher-end and pricier gaming laptop is exceptional graphics power. You can experience uninterrupted gaming and fast frame rates throughout your gameplay. The Alienware Area-51m R2 has overclockable NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics available. There is also an option for AMD Radeon (which will be available in Fall 2020).
What about Wi-Fi technology? Don’t worry about your wireless connection ever slowing down thanks to Killer Wi-Fi 6 – AX1650 2×2 / 802.11 ax. As for Bluetooth, you get the 5.1 technology. Suppose you need to travel with the laptop and have long periods without battery access. For that, you get a good battery life with the Li-Ion 90-Wh battery featuring Alienware Battery Defender.
Alienware Area-51m R2 Specifications
Specifications and price of Area-51m models vary, but some remain constant. Here are several facts you need to know about the Alienware Area-51m R2’s hardware features:
· All processor options are 10th Generation Intel Core / 8-core to 10-core / 16MB – 20-MB cache / i7 (with Turbo Boost Max 3.9) or i9 (with Thermal Velocity Blast)
· Graphics options are NVIDIA GeForce GTX or RTX and AMD Radeon RX. Ti 6GB and Super 8GB are available with the NVIDIA.
· Memory from (2x8GB) – 64GB dual-channel DDR4 – 2933-MHz. You can add a 32GB DDR4 XMP – 3200-MHz (dual channel) if you opt for a K-series processor.
· 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 300-Hz or UHD (3840 x 2160) 60-Hz display. Some with features such as Tobii Eye-tracking technology or NVIDIA-GSync technology.
· Expandable solutions with dual drive capabilities / advanced SSD with optional 7200-RPM (up to 1 TB).
The Alienware Area-51m R2 comes with Windows 10 Home as the OS. This laptop exceeds the requirements and testing for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive for a top-notch VR experience.