Are you looking for a decently-priced mobile workstation that you can carry around wherever you go? One that offers ultra-performance that will help amplify any workspace, with a durable construction? Then the Lenovo ThinkPad P17 might be precisely what you are looking for. It’s been military-grade tested for quality and durability.
It comes with plenty of security features, including Lenovo ThinkShield, a suite of security solutions. Additionally, there is dTPM 2.0, ThinkShutter cam function, touch fingerprint reader, Hybrid IR webcam with Windows Hello, Kensington Lock Slot, and so on.
There are speakers located in the area above the keyboard. These 2 x 2W stereo speakers deliver high-quality sound, much in part due to Dolby Atmos-certified audio technology. There is also a dual far-field mic setup that allows your voice to come out without distortion when participating in video conferencing with associates or simply chatting with family and friends.
It has a basic yet nice black design, a ThinkPad Precision keyboard with backlighting and spill-resistant durability, starting weight of 7.7-lbs, and several ports. The Lenovo ThinkPad P17 has more USB ports than the average laptop. It has 3 USB Type-A 3.2 Generation 1 (one always on) and 2 USB Type-C Thunderbolt 3. On top of that, there is HDMI 2.0, (optional) smart card reader, SD card reader, and headphone/microphone combo.
Lenovo ThinkPad P17 Wireless Connectivity
There is an optional WWAN – Fibocom L860-GL CAT16 if you think you’ll need it. Otherwise, you can select a more basic configuration with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 – 802.11 AX (2x) with Bluetooth 5.1 and optional vPro.
Here are some of the many ISV Certifications with the Lenovo ThinkPad P17:
- Decision Space
And several more types of software.
A couple of additional productivity and security features include Self Healing BIOs and Ultra Performance Mode.
Here is a rundown of the tech specs:
- Processor: up to Intel Xeon W (10885M) with vPro / 8-cores or 10th Gen. Intel Core i9 (10980H) / 8-cores
- Display: 17.3 FHD IPS anti-glare w/ Dolby Vision (3840 x 2160) or UHD (3840 x 2160) w/ Dolby Vision – HDR 400 – 500-nits
- OS: Windows 10 Pro (for business) or 10 Pro for a workstation (Xeon processor) / Linux Ubuntu also available
- Storage: Up to 4TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Solid State Drive (dual drive support)
- Memory: (up to) 128GB DDR4 – 2933-MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro T1000 (4GB) / RTX 3000 (6GB) / 4000 with Max-Q (8GB) RTX 5000 with Max-Q (16GB)
The Lenovo ThinkPad P17 comes with a 170-W or 230-W AC slim adapter (depending on specific configuration) and 6-cell 94-WHr internal battery.