Dell has just recently launched the new Latitude 7300, a notebook that offers a strong Wi-Fi connection and long battery life so that users can do work from literally anywhere. These features, combined with remote management and provisioning, help to establish a “Unified Workspace”. There is a “Modern Standby” capability, which helps you to resume work quickly when waking the notebook as long as Wi-FI is running in the background. Some configuration options for the Dell Latitude 7300 won’t be available until this summer.
This laptop is styled in either a durable carbon fiber weave or aluminum finish, both of which make it attractive. Dell brags about its “smart” design, which includes fan technology that utilizes a type of Liquid Crystal Polymer material and an improved screen featuring a four-sided narrow border panel. The notebook is ENERGY STAR and EPEAT Gold Registered. Dell uses water-based paints to help VOC emission reduction.
Features such as SafeID protect end user credentials with (optional) fingerprint reader integrated in the power button. There is also a smart card reader to help users work faster. The vPro extensions are an innovative way to remotely manage and run diagnostics on all of the devices in your network, even if they are powered off.
Ports and slots like uSD 4.0 memory card reader and various USB ports (including 3.1 generation 1 w/ Powershare), HDMI, Thunderbolt 3 w/ DisplayPort and Power Delivery, and optional Smart Card reader are located in convenient locations around the Dell Latitude 7300.
Dell Latitude 7300 Base Specifications
How much power, speed, storage, and memory do you need? Here is an overview of the base specs with the cheapest model:
• 13.3-inch display (1366 x 768) anti-glare / non-touch / WLAN capable /2.7-mm HD cam / Mic (carbon fiber)
• 8th Gen. Intel Core i5 (8265U) processor / 4-core / 1.6-GHz / 6MB cache / 15-W
• Intel UHD (integrated) 620 graphics with the i5 proessor
• 4GB memory (1 x 4GB) DDR4 Non-ECC
• M.2 PCIe NVMe (Class 35) SSD for storage / 128GB
• Windows 10 Pro OS 64-bit version
• 3-cell battery (42-WHrs Prismatic) / ExpressCharge capable OR 4-cells (60-WHrs Polymer) / ExpresCharge capable
• Qualcomm QCA61 x 4A 802.11 ac (2×2) dual band wireless adapter and Bluetooth 4.1
Most of these specs can be expanded / upgraded. You can choose superior specs at higher prices.
There is impressive audio technology thanks to high quality speakers. The Dell Latitude 7300 is “Skype for Business” certified. A universal audio jack is also included.